Friday, July 12, 2013

Whelp...

I worked on my furniture last weekend and I can finally say that I no longer hurt. But I'm still not finished stripping off all the old varnish. I completely missed one section on one of the dressers (it was getting late) and I didn't finish the mirror.  I actually had to have my husband help me finish what did get done because I ran out of time.

Here's what happened. Friday last week, I decided it was nice enough weather to start working on getting the varnish off my dressers. Now, the original plan was to do one dresser then, later, the second one. If I had been smart, I would have stuck with that plan. I got the first dresser (the tall one) painted with the gel stripping medium and thought to myself, "oh, I'm not going to be able to reuse these brushes! I have to do them both at the same time!" WRONG! I should have just remembered that I can rinse out the brushes and continue at a later date.So I started on the second dresser, again stupidly thinking that it wouldn't take too long. WRONG AGAIN!  I started at 7pm and by 10:30, I still had more drawers to clean the stripping medium off of (which, buy the way looked like poop) and I was exhausted and hot. So I left it to be finished in the morning (and my husband sis the drawers but the mirror was left unfinished. oops.)

I either need to do a lot of sanding or more stipping to get the rest of the varnish off. I am going to do a test piece this next week when I venture out to the garage again to work more on my furniture to finish what I've started.  And for your viewing pleasure, my project, about halfway through. (I took it with my cell phone so it kinda looks bad)


No comments:

Post a Comment